Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Torn Schneiderian Membrane

Jason, a dental implant patient from New York, asks:

Several months ago I had a Sinus Lift and Bio-Oss was used. The dentist told me that he had torn the Schneiderian Membrane during the procedure. He used 7 grams of Bio-Oss along with Bio-Guide.
I started having very high fevers from the day after the procedure and a major post nasal drip of pus. I was placed on antibiotics and so far I have had 7 rounds of them and still not getting better.
Is it possible that the sinus lift site was overpacked with Bio-Oss. What could happen if the Schneiderian Membrane was not completely fixed? Could that be causing me problems? Should I have the graft material taken out? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank You

Discussion on OsseoNews:
http://www.osseonews.com/torn-schneiderian-membrane/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home